Lakeview Apartments!!

Lakeview Apartments!!
Bella Vista 1-bedroom holiday rentals

Heart of Stresa Apartments!!

Heart of Stresa Apartments!!
Stresa Apartments 1-bedroom holiday rentals

SEARCH THIS BLOG

STRESA WEATHER

STRESA WEATHER
Click for Forecast

2019 DATES COMING SOON

2019 DATES COMING SOON
CLICK HERE!

STRESA MAP

Malpensa / Stresa Bus

Malpensa / Stresa Bus
Available From 1 April to 13 Oct 2019 - Click to Book -
Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tre Domande: Three Questions With Massimo Colla of Al Buscion Wine Bar


Where is one of the places I send everyone for aperitivo when they are here? Enoteca al Buscion. And one of the best reasons to go to Buscion? It's owner, Massimo.


Ciao Massimo! Anyone who has read this blog has also heard me mention Massimo many times. Now it's time to hear from Massimo himself. As another season gets underway here in Stresa, Massimo took the time to answer these interview questions for us:

1. Tell us a little bit about yourself. Who is Massimo, and why did you decide to open your bar, Al Buscion?  
I am 35 years old, and I have a grand passion for wines. I left Italy 15 years ago for London, where I worked in a restaurant that had a very large selection of wines, and therefore, I started to dream of one day opening an enoteca. Seven years ago my dream was realized, thanks to my family, when they decided to take over a wine bar in Stresa and they gave it the name al Buscion.


2. Who are your customers? And what is special about Buscion?
This enoteca is very special, because it is a family-run company, and because we look to establish with our clients a relationship of friendship, making our customers feel like they are at home!! Our clients are a mix of people who live here, those who have vacation homes here in Stresa, and tourists from every part of the world. .... (continued)
3. I have learned so much about Italian wines from having tasted them at Buscion. Do you have a favorite wine? How do you choose the wines that you serve at Buscion?
In these years I have visited many cantine [vineyards] in diverse regions of Italy, and I have learned much, thanks to the producers that always give numerous insights and advice on the wines. I choose wines carefully, usually in the winter, because I have more free time then, and the opportunity to go to the exhibitions (such as Vinitaly) or in the cantinas to taste their wines. My favorite wines are the Barbera and the Nebbiolo, that are symbols of Piemonte. These wines go very well with red meat and cheeses!!

**********
Thank you Massimo! I enjoy every visit that I make to Buscion. And I know that many Stresa Sights readers have met Massimo and they know what he means when he says that we are all friends. Now Massimo's fame is spreading... Recently he proudly showed me a magazine, Italia! Guide: The Lakes & Mountains, in which he was featured in an article written by Amanda Robinson. The article, Magic of Maggiore, includes photos of Massimo and of Buscion. It's recognition well deserved. Next time you're in Stresa stop by and see why for yourself.


The cover, and the first page of the article featuring Massimo, from the Winter 2011 edition of The Lakes and Mountains magazine.


Via Principessa Margherita, 18
28838, Stresa (VB)
tel: 0323934772


Follow On Facebook For More Posts

PLANNING A TRIP TO STRESA?

PLANNING A TRIP TO STRESA?
A Top Attractions Starting Point

SOME IMPORTANT DATES


Visit The Stresa Tourist Office For Complete Event Schedules

VACATIONS AND WORKSHOPS

VACATIONS AND WORKSHOPS
Before or after Stresa, plan more of your trip to Italy with Villa Vita!

CURRENCY CONVERTER

CURRENCY CONVERTER
Click here for a fast and easy currency converter.

STRESA SIGHTS by DANA KAPLAN

STRESA SIGHTS by DANA KAPLAN